In order to preserve and promote the beautiful art of calligraphy in the contemporary world of art, NCPUL has established Calligraphy and Graphic Design Training Centres. In order to give enriching addition to education in these centers and with a view to giving exposure to graphic designing and applied art, NCPUL launched two years diploma course “Diploma in Calligraphy and Graphic Design”. 65 Calligraphy and Graphic Design Centres are running in 14 States in which 3200 students including 1800 girls have been admitted.
Duration of Course
The course is of two years duration. Admission will be taken every year. Two sessions i.e. 1st year and 2nd year will be run in two batches daily. The timing of classes 1st batch 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM, 2nd batch 2.00 PM to 500.PM.
Eligibility for Students
- The age limit is 15-35 years at the time of admission. May be relaxed in suitable cases.
- The minimum qualification of trainees for Calligraphy and Graphic Design is Matric or equivalent, with good knowledge of Urdu. The Selection Committee may relax the minimum qualification if the candidate is otherwise found suitable.
- A written and verbal test of Urdu language and knowledge of Urdu Literature shall be conducted for selection.
- The admission will be controlled by a selection committee consisting of the following:
- President of the organization/academy. If he desires, he can include Secretary/Vice-President/ Member of the organization/Academy.
- Outside expert.
- Head Calligrapher/Graphic Design Instructor.
- A representative of the NCPUL.
- The centre will hold an examination once every year. Preliminary after the completion of the first 12 months and final after completion of second 12 months both in theory and in practice from the prescribed syllabus, under the supervision of the staff of the centre and a representative of the NCPUL. Question papers for final examination will be prepared by NCPUL and evaluation of final exam answer sheet will also be done by NCPUL. Trainees obtaining a minimum of 40% and above marks would be declared successful. The certificate will be issued by NCPUL.
- Exam Marks System:
70% and above - Distinction
60% to 69% - First
50% to 59% - 2nd
40% to 49% - Third
- Students who secure less than 40% will be failed and they will have to reappear for passing the exam.